- Name: Conor McGregor
- Fightname: The Notorious
- Age: 31
- Height: 5′ 8″
- Weight: 170lbs
- Record: 22-4-0
- Promotion: UFC
- Division: Welterweight
- Nationality: Irish
- Gym: SBG Ireland
- Captured the UFC Lightweight & Featherweight Championships
- Wins by KO/TKO in three different divisions (Featherweight, Lightweight & Welterweight)
- First UFC Champion to hold 2 belts simultaneously (Featherweight and Lightweight)
- 24 wins by KO/TKO, one by submission
- Main Event of UFC’s highest Pay-Per-View buys (UFC 202, 1,650,000 PPV buys)
- Second highest grossing boxing bout in history (Floyd Mayweather-Conor McGregor, 4.3M PPV buys)
- 100 Most Influential People (Times Magazine Cover, April 2017)
- Pro since 2008
- 13 first round finishes
- Amateur record: 1-0
- Joint quickest KO at 4 seconds
- Held both the Cage Warriors 155lbs and 145lbs titles simultaneously.
Food, Afternoon session, Food, Evening session, Food, Sleep, Repeat.
2. When and why did you start training for fighting?
When I was a kid, to be able to defend myself in an unarmed combat situation.
3. Do you have any heroes?
None, but I take inspiration from everyone and everything. I’m inspired by current champions, former champions, true competitors, people dedicated to their dream, hard workers, dreamers, believers, achievers.
4. What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC?
It is a lifelong dream to compete here. It truly shows me the power of visualization and the power of an unshakeable belief. It is just the beginning.
5. Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn?
None. I have a masters in unarmed combat.
6. What was your job before you started fighting?
Plumber for 1 year, quit and pursued the combat dream ever since.
7. Specific accomplishments in amateur competition?
National Boxing Champion
8. Favorite grappling technique?
Rear Naked Choke
9. Favorite Striking technique?